While the coronavirus pandemic has businesses closing the retail and shopper sector has faced many threats over the years to turn online, many brick-and-mortars are quickly learning how to get their business online. digital commerce has become a lifeline for retailers. While some industries are seeing increased volume during COVID19, many aren’t and many more businesses may not have the budget to increase their marketing during this crisis— even if they desperately need new customers.they’re searching not just for essentials but also things like toys, apparel, and home goods. While this presents an opportunity for struggling businesses to reconnect with consumers, many cannot afford to do so at scale.
Google Shopping is a vertical search engine that surfaces product ads and, now, organic product listings deemed relevant to the user’s search query. As we wrote when this news first broke, this is a kind of back to the future moment for Google product search, which used to be free (and initially called Froogle) before it shifted to a purely paid product in 2012. With the approaching end of April, Google has announced that sellers can now List products for free on Google Shopping. The products will be visible on the Google Shopping Tabs for free by next week. All the product search results will consist of the listings from the sellers, at zero cost, irrespective of whether or not they use Google Ads.
Users can access Google Shopping via the “Shopping” tab on Google.com or in the Google app. On the main Google search results page, users can click the “See [product]” link when a product listings ads (PLA) carousel appears to get to the Shopping tab.
Steps to create free Google listing
1. Perfect your product title:
2. Test different images:
3. Provide as much detail as possible:
Here is how Google Shopping Listing will help you!
1. Shopping Ads: No longer a compulsion to serve your products in Google Shopping
2. What does it mean for the advertisers?
Google Shopping tab under sponsored slots. Meanwhile, Shopping Ads on Google Search index will continue to serve as it is.
3. An easy process for Shopify merchants
How to Prepare Your Catalog for Organic Product Listings
Only limited information has been released, however, there are some immediate actions you can take to prepare for the change next week:
- If you have a product catalog that is not uploaded to Google Merchant Center, update it today and opt into Surfaces across Google.
- Make sure your product schema is updated to provide Google with the most accurate data.
- Update your product feed based on best practices to improve your presence in search results.
- If you’ve already opted into Surfaces across Google, check your diagnostics to make sure you’ve resolved as many errors as possible.
How Google Free Listing LookaLike & Compare Product Price
Reporting for surfaces across Google coming soon
Soon, you can view your unpaid clicks in the new performance report for surfaces across Google in Merchant Center by selecting “Performance” and then “Dashboard” in the left navigation.